STRUCTURE AND FORMATION OF FILMS OF ZIRCONIA-BASED SOLID ELECTROLYTE
Films of zirconia-based solid electrolytes were prepared by the ionplasma sputtering method. Scanning and transmission electron microscopy methods were used to analyze their structure and processes of their formation. It was found that films of ZrO2 – Y2O3 and ZrO2 – Sc2O3 systems had a nanocrystalline structure. The zirconia-based films were characterized by a columnar structure. A model describing the formation of pores and submicropores during the growth of films of ZrO2 – Y2O3 and ZrO2 – Sc2O3 systems was proposed and discussed.
KeywordsSolid Electrolyte Columnar Structure Nanocrystalline Structure Block Crystal Transmission Electron Microscopy Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Leon I. Maissel and Reinhard Glang. Handbook of Thin Films Technology. V. 1. Moscow, Sov. Radio. 1977, 664 p.Google Scholar
- 2.Georgy Hass. Physics of Thin Films. V 1. Moscow, Mиp, 1967, 343 p.Google Scholar
- 3.Georgy Hass and Rudolf Tunn. Physics of Thin Films. V.4. Moscow, Mir, 1970, 440 p.Google Scholar
- 4.Palatnik L.S., Fuks M.Ya., Kosevich V.M. The Mechanism of Formation and the Substructure of Condensed Films. Moscow, Nauka, 1972, 320 p.Google Scholar
- 5.Chopra K.L. Electrical Phenomena in Thin Films. Moscow, Mir, 1972, 436 p.Google Scholar