A CRITICAL STUDY ON THE APPLICATION OF CONSTANT DEFLECTION CONTOUR METHOD TO NONLINEAR VIBRATION OF PLATES OF ARBITRARY SHAPES
- 1.3k Downloads
The present work attempts to utilize the Constant Deflection Contour Method in the investigation of nonlinear vibration of thin elastic plates. An attempt has also been made to use conformal mapping technique for plates having uncommon or complex boundary. The usual boundary conditions have also been transformed accordingly. The equations for some iso-deflection curves of practical interest have been presented here for further investigations in conjunction with the present theory.
KeywordsConformal Mapping Circular Plate Arbitrary Shape Nonlinear Vibration Transverse Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Banerjee M. M. (1976) Note on the large deflections of irregular shaped plates by the method of conformal mapping, Trans. ASME, 356–357.Google Scholar
- Banerjee M. M., Das J. N. (1990) Use of conformal mapping technique on dynamic response of plate structures, Proc. of ICOVP-1, A. C. College, Jalpaiguri, 129–131.Google Scholar
- Banerjee M. M. (1997) A new approach to the nonlinear vibration analysis of plates and shells, trans. 14th Intl. Conf. On Struc. Mech. In Reactor Tech., (SMIRT-13), Divn. B, Lyon, France 247.Google Scholar
- Chakraborty S., Roychoudhury B., Banerjee M. M. (1997) Nonlinear vibration of elliptic plates by the application of constant deflection contour method, Maths. and stats. In Eng. & Tech. Education, Ed. A. Chattopadhyay, Narosa Publishing House, New-Delhi., National Seminar on recent trends and advances of Maths. and Stats. In Eng. & Tech. Google Scholar
- Chakraborty S., Banerjee M. M. (1999) Large amplitude vibration of plates of arbitrary shape with uniform thickness, Proc. 4th ICOVP, Jadavpur University (INDIA) 85–89.Google Scholar
- Laura P. A. A., Chi M. (1965) An application of conformal mapping to a three dimensional unsteady heat conduction problem, Aeronautical Quarterly 16, 221–230.Google Scholar
- Laura P. A. A., Luisoni L. E. (1976) Discussion on t paper “An analytical and experimental study of vibrating equilateral triangular plates”, Proc. of the Soc. of Experimental stress analysis 33, 279–280.Google Scholar
- Leissa A. W. (1969) Vibration of plates, NASA SP-160. Google Scholar
- Timoshenko S. P.,Woinowisky-Krieger, (1959) Theory of plates and shells, 2nd Edn. McGraw-Hiil, New York.Google Scholar
- Volmir A. S. (1956) flexible plates and shells, Moscow, 214.Google Scholar
- Way S. (1934) Bending of circular plates with large deflection, Trans. ASME, 56, 627–636.Google Scholar