Part of the Social Indicators Research Series book series (SINS, volume 30)
Introduction and Overview
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment Labour Standard Trade Union Collective Bargaining Child Labour
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Block, Richard and Karen Roberts. 2003. Do labor standards matter: the economic impact of differences in labor standards across States in the U.S. and Provinces in Canada, presented at The Canada–U.S. business conference. Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, April 11–12, 2003.Google Scholar
- Djankov, Simeon, Rafael La Porta, Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, Andrei Shliefer and Juan Botero. 2000. The regulation of labor. NBER Working Paper No. 9756.Google Scholar
- Heckman, James and Carmen Pagés-Serra. 2000. The cost of job security regulation: evidence from Latin American labor markets. Economia 1(1): 109–154.Google Scholar
- ILO. 2005. A global alliance against forced labour. International Labour Organization, Geneva.Google Scholar
- National Research Council. 2004. Monitoring international labor standards: techniques and sources of information. Committee on Monitoring International Labor Standards. Center for Education, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education and Policy and Global Affairs Division. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- OECD. 1996. Trade, employment and labour standards: a study of core workers' rights and international trade. OECD, Paris.Google Scholar
- OECD. 2000. International trade and core labour standards. OECD, Paris.Google Scholar
- Wermenbol, G., L. Cuyvers, and D. Van Den Bulcke. 1998. Proposal for a social development index – respect for ILO core labour standards against the background of the implementation capacity of countries. V.L.I.R. Research project, Belgian Administration of Development Co-operation (ABOS). University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium.Google Scholar
© International Labour Organization 2007