Optical properties of Laue lenses for hard X-rays (> 60 keV)
We report on preliminary results obtained with a Monte Carlo (MC) code developed to study the optical properties of Laue lenses for astro-physical observations. The MC code is written in the Python programming language and uses open source libraries. Among the physical quantities which can be investigated with the MC code, we paid our attention mainly to the estimation of the effective area, field of view (FOV) and point spread function (PSF) of the lens for observation of sources on-axis and off-axis.
KeywordsLaue lens X-ray diffraction X-ray telescope
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zachariasen, W.H.: Theory of X-Ray diffraction in crystals, Dover publications, Inc., New York, N.J. (1994)Google Scholar
- Pellicciotta, D. et al.: Laue lens development for hard X-rays (>60 keV), 2005 IEEE TNS, in press, (astroph/0511490).Google Scholar
- http://www.python.orgGoogle Scholar
- http://www.numpy.orgGoogle Scholar
- http://www.scipy.orgGoogle Scholar
- http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/Google Scholar
- http://pygsl.sourceforge.net/Google Scholar
- Frontera, F. et al.: Exploring the hard X-/soft gamma-ray continuum spectra with laue lenses, Proc. 39th ESLAB Symposium, in press, 2005 (astro-ph/0507175)Google Scholar