AXIAL SYMMETRY ANALYSES OF PUNCHING SHEAR IN REINFORCED FLAT SLABS
In this paper the results of axial symmetry finite element analyses of punching failure in concrete slabs with or without shear reinforcement are presented. Results from experimentally tested slabs are compared with the numerical simulations. All the slabs failed by punching, either with the failure surface crossing the shear reinforcement (if any), or being formed outside it. The numerical simulations were performed with the software package Diana, adopting the smeared crack approach to reproduce concrete behaviour under tension.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CEB-FIP. Punching of Structural Concrete Slabs. Technical report—Bulletin 12, 2001, 307pGoogle Scholar
- 2.Musse, T. H., “Punching in Flat Slabs: Steel fibers and shear reinforcement”. Federal University of Goiás, MSc Thesis, 189p (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.Diana User’s Manual Release 8.1. Delft, TNO Building and Construction Research (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.de Borst, R., Feenstra, P. H. Aspects of robust computational modelling for plain and reinforced concrete. Heron, 38 (4), 1–73 (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Comité Euro-International du Béton (CEB). (1990). “CEB—FIP Model Code, Design Code.”Google Scholar
- 6.Trautwein, L. M., Faria, R., Figueiras, J. A., Bittencourt, T., “Numerical Simulation on Punching Shear of Reinforced Concrete Slabs”. Report. University of Porto. Porto, Portugal, 76 p (2004).Google Scholar