EVALUATION OF BIOFILMS OCCURING IN DRINKING WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM OF BALATONFÜRED
The paper deals with the problems of water quality in one of the biggest regional Hungarian water distribution system of Balatonfüred. The aim of this study was to survey the water-network of Balatonfüred with evaluating of water and biofilm quality and its interaction. Two main types of drinking water sources could be separated. According to various water quality (karstic, surface and mixed water) and various construction materials of pipelines-life conditions of microorganisms are very diverse. Results of chemical quality of water shows a wide variety on sampling sites and on date of sampling.
KeywordsBiomass Sludge Manganese Nitrite Turbidity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amann R. I., Binder BJ., Olson RJ., Chisholm S.W., Devereux R., and Stahi D. A. (1990): Combination of 165 rRNA-targeted oligonucleotide probs with flow cytometry for analyzing mixed microbial populations, Appl Environ Microbiol. 56(6): 1919–1925.Google Scholar
- Amman R.I., Krumholz L., Stahl D. A. (1990): Fluorescent oligonucleotide probing of whole cells for determinative philogenetic and environmental studies in microbiology, J. Bact. 172, 762–770.Google Scholar
- Hiorns W.D., Hastings R.C., Head I.M., McCarthy A.J., Saunders R.G., Hovanec T.A., DeLong E.F., (1996): Comparative analysis of nitrifying bacteria associated with freshwater and marine aquaria, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 62(8): 2888–2896.Google Scholar
- Kéri K., Gaugetz J. (2002): Applicability of polimerase chain reaction in evaluation of microbial quality of drinking water, Diploma study at Technical University, Budapest.Google Scholar
- Marchesi, J. R., Sato, T., Weightman, A.J., Martin, T.A., Fry, J.C., Hiom, S.J., Dymock, D. & Wade, W.G. (1998). Design and evaluation of useful bacterium-specific PCR primers that amplify genes coding for bacterial 16S rRNA. Appl Environ Microbiol 64, 795–799.Google Scholar