Part of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects book series (TVET, volume 5)
The Construction of a New Professional Self: A Critical Reading of the Curricula for Nurses and Computer Engineers in Norway
KeywordsProfessional Education Lifelong Learning National Curriculum Nursing Education Curricular Document
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abrahamsen, B. and J.-C. Smeby (2004). Sykepleierstudenten-rekruttering, studietilfredshet og studieutbytte. [The nursing student-recruitment, perception of learning environment and educational outcome]. (HIO Publication No. 7). Oslo: Oslo University College.Google Scholar
- Baumann, Z. (1995). Life in fragments. Essays in postmodern morality. Oxford: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Bernstein, B. (1990). Class, codes and control: Vol. 4. The structuring of pedagogic discourse. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Bologna Declaration, 1999. (Joint declaration of the European Ministers of Education). Retrieved August 20, 2005, from http://www.bologna-bergen2005.no/Docs/00-Main_doc/990719BOLOGNA_DECLARATION.PDF.
- Bråten, I., H.I. Strømsø and B.S. Olaussen (2003). Self-regulated learning and the use of information and communications technology in Norwegian teacher education. In Research on sociocultural influences on motivation and learning: Vol. 3. Sociocultural influences and teacher education programs (pp. 199–221). Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing.Google Scholar
- Burr, V. (1995). An introduction to social constructionism. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Chisholm, L. (2000). The educational and social implications of the transition to knowledge societies. In O. von der Gablenz, D. Mahnke, P.-C. Padoan and R. Picht (Eds.), Europe 2020: Adapting to a changing world (pp. 75–90). Baden-Baden/Brussels: Nomos Verlag.Google Scholar
- Christiansen, B., B. Abrahamsen, B. Karseth and K. Jensen (2005). Utredning om motivasjon, yrkesutøvelse og kompetanse i pleie- og omsorgssektoren. [Report on motivation, professional practice and competence in the nursing professions]. Oslo: University of Oslo, Institute for Educational Research.Google Scholar
- Eldring, L. and S. Skule (1999). Kompetansedokumentasjon for ingeniører. Praksis, behov og utfordringer. [Documentation of competence among engineers]. (Issue Brief No. 6). Oslo: Fafo Institute for Labour and Social Research.Google Scholar
- Ericson, R.V. and A. Doyle (2003). Risk and morality. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.Google Scholar
- Fagplan for bachelorstudium i ingeniørfag-datalinjen, 2004–2005. [Curriculum for the bachelor degree in computer engineering 2004–2005]. Oslo: Oslo University College.Google Scholar
- Fagplan for bachelorstudium i sykepleie, 2004–2005. [Curriculum for the bachelor degree in nursing 2004–2005]. Oslo: Oslo University College.Google Scholar
- Fendler, L. (1998). What is impossible to think? A genealogy of the educated subject. In T. Popkewitz and M. Brennan (Eds.), Foucault's challenge. Discourse, knowledge, and power in education (pp. 39–63). New York: Teachers College Press.Google Scholar
- Folkenborg, K. and B. Jordfald (2003). Kommunale lederes vurdering av sykepleier- og ingeniørutdanningen [Community leaders' assessment of the educational programmes for nurses and engineers] (Issue Brief No. 11). Oslo: Fafo Institute for Labour and Social Research.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (1984). The means of correct training. In P. Rabinow (Ed.), The Foucault reader. New York: Pantheon Books.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (1994a). Technologies of the self. In P. Rabinow (Ed.), Essential works of Foucault 1954–1984: Vol. 1. Ethics. Subjectivity and truth (pp. 223–251). New York: The New Press.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (1994b). The ethics of the concern of the self as a practice of freedom. In P. Rabinow (Ed.), Essential works of Foucault 1954–1984: Vol. 1. Ethics. Subjectivity and truth (pp. 281–301). New York: The New Press.Google Scholar
- Foucault, M. (2001). Governmentality. In J.D. Faubion (Ed.), Essential works of Foucault 1954–1984: Vol. 3. Power (pp. 201–222). London: Penguin Books.Google Scholar
- Freidson, E. (2001). Professionalism: The third logic. London: Polity Press.Google Scholar
- Hatlevik, I.K.R. (2000). Styring og regulering av sykepleier-, lærer- og ingeniørutdanningen i fire land. En sammenliknende studie av Norge, England, Finland og Nederland [Steering and regulation of the educational programmes in nursing, teaching and engineering in four countries. A comparative study of Norway, England, Finland and the Netherlands]. (Report No. 4). Oslo: Norwegian Institute for Studies in Research and Higher Education.Google Scholar
- Jensen, K. and L. Lahn (2003). Professional learning in a changing society. Project proposal for the national research programme Competence, Education and Learning (KUL). Retrieved March 30, 2005, from http://www.pfi.uio.no/prolearn/index.html.
- Karseth, B. (2002). The construction of curricula in a new educational context. Roles and responsibilities in nursing education in Norway. In A. Amaral, G.A. Jones and B. Karseth (Eds.), Governing higher education: National perspectives on institutional governance (pp. 121–140). Dordrecht: Springer.Google Scholar
- Krejsler, J. (Ed.). (2004). Pædagogikken og kampen om individet. [Pedagogy and the struggle for the individual]. Copenhagen: Hans Reizels Forlag.Google Scholar
- Krüger, T. and T.A. Trippestad (2003). Regjering av utdanning: Kulturkapitalismen og det veltempererte selvet. [Governmentality in education: Cultural capitalism and the well tempered self]. In I.B. Neumann and O.J. Sending (Eds.), Regjering i Norge (pp. 176–193). Oslo: Pax forlag.Google Scholar
- McEneaney, E.H. and J.W. Meyer (2000). The content of the curriculum. An institutionalist perspective. In M.T. Hallinan (Ed.), Handbook of the Sociology of Education (pp. 189–211). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Miller, T. (1993). The well-tempered self: Citizenship, culture, and the postmodern subject. Baltimore/London: The John Hopkins University Press.Google Scholar
- Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research (2002). Do your duty-Demand your rights. (Fact sheet, English version). Retrieved March 30, 2005, from http://www.odin.dep.no/ufd/engelsk/publ/stmeld/014071-120002/dok-bn.html.
- Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research (2004, February). The quality reform. (Speech at the University of the Western Cape, by Minister Kristin Clemet). Retrieved March 30, 2005, from http://www.odin.dep.no/ufd/norsk/aktuelt/taler/statsraad_a/045021-990039/dok-bn.html.
- Norwegian Nurses' Association (2001). Yrkesetiske retningslinjer for sykepleiere. [Code of ethics for nurses]. Oslo: Norwegian Nurses' Association.Google Scholar
- Popkewitz, T. and M. Brennan (1998). Restructuring of social and political theory in education: Foucault and a social epistemology of school practices. In T. Popkewitz and M. Brennan (Eds.), Foucault's challenge: Discourse, knowledge, and power in education (pp. 3–35). New York: Teachers College Press.Google Scholar
- Popkewitz, T. (2001). The production of reason and power. Curriculum history and intellectual traditions. In T. Popkewitz, B.M. Franklin and M.A. Pereyra (Eds.), Cultural history and education. Critical essays on knowledge and schooling (pp. 151–183). New York: RoutledgeFalmer.Google Scholar
- Rammeplan for ingeniørutdanning, 2003. [General plan: The bachelor's degree in engineering, 2003]. Oslo: Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research.Google Scholar
- Rammeplan for sykepleieutdanning, 2004. [General plan: The bachelor's degree in nursing, 2004]. Oslo: Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research.Google Scholar
- Report to the Storting No. 27 (2000–2001). Gjør din plikt-Krev din rett. Kvalitetsreform av høyere utdanning. [Do your duty-demand your rights. The quality reform of higher education]. (Government white paper). Oslo: Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research.Google Scholar
- Rose, N. (1989). Governing the soul: The shaping of the private self. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Rose, N. (1996). Inventing our selves: Psychology, power, and personhood. New York: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Sennett, R. (1992). The fall of public man. New York: W.W. Norton & Company.Google Scholar
- Wittek, L. (2004, June). Portfolio as an artefact for learning and assessment. Unpublished paper presented at the biennal conference of the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction in Bergen, Norway.Google Scholar
© Springer 2007