Perception and Evaluation of the Quality of Life in Florence, Italy
In 2003, the City of Florence (Italy) in conjunction with the Department of Statistics at the University of Florence conducted research regarding the citizens’ perception and evaluation of the quality of life (QOL) in the city of Florence. The focus of the study was to identify residents’ needs and develop programs and policies to enhance their QOL. The study also attempted to develop specific indicators of QOL aimed at measuring and assessing the levels of suitability of the living conditions that the city of Florence offers to its inhabitants.
KeywordsCultural Dimension Cronbach Alpha Composite Indicator Professional Condition Personal Safety
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aldenderfer, M.S. and Blashfield, R.K. (1984). Cluster analysis. Sage University paper series on quantitative applications in the social sciences, series no.—07–044. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.Google Scholar
- Del Vecchio, F. (1995). Scale di misura e indicatori sociali. Bari: Caccucci.Google Scholar
- Horn, R.V. (1993). Statistical Indicators. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Lis, A. and Sambin, M. (1977). Analisi dei cluster. Padova: CLEUP.Google Scholar
- Schifini, S. (1996). Teoria degli indicatori sociali. In Strassoldo, M., Mattioli, E., and Schifini, S. (eds.), Teoria dei numeri indici dei prezzi e degli indicatori economici, finanziari e sociali. Padova: CEDAM.Google Scholar