Constraints on the IMF in Low Metallicity and Popiii Environments
We summarize and discuss various constraints on the IMF at very low or zero metallicity. Taken together the indications from stars, high-z galaxies, and indirect constraints show some possible deviations (favoring massive stars) from a Salpeter like IMF. However, the empirical evidence remains presently arguably weak.
KeywordsStar Formation Massive Star Halo Star Galaxy Spectrum Star Formation Rate Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bouwens, R.J., et al., 2004b, ApJ, in press (astro-ph/0409488)Google Scholar
- Dawson, S., et al., 2004, ApJ, in press (astro-ph/0409090)Google Scholar
- Heger, A., et al., 2002, in Lighthouses of the Universe, MPA/ESO, 369Google Scholar
- Pelló, R., et al., 2004, IAU Symp 225, in press (astro-ph/0410132)Google Scholar
- Schneider, R., et al., 2004, MNRAS, submittedGoogle Scholar