Nuclei and Nuclear Matter in a Hadronic Model
I investigate the properties of nuclei within a hadronic chiral model approach. In a two-dimensional calculation I study deformation properties of all known even-even nuclei. I also discuss the influence of isospin forces on neutron distributions in heavy nuclei as well as on neutron star properties. In addition results for possible superheavy elements are presented. The model parameters are fitted by reproducing hadron masses and decay constants and properties of spherical nuclei.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. D. Serot and J. D. Walecka, Phys. Lett. B87, 172 (1979).Google Scholar
- P.-G. Reinhard, Rep. Prog. Phys. 52, 439 (1989).Google Scholar
- G. A. Lalazissis, J. König and P. Ring, Phys. Rev. C 55, 540 (1997).Google Scholar
- P. Papazoglou, D. Zschiesche, S. Schramm, J. Schaffner-Bielich, H. St¨ocker, W. Greiner, Phys. Rev. C59 (1998) 411Google Scholar
- Ch. Beckmann, P. Papazoglou, D. Zschiesche, S. Schramm, H. St¨ocker, and W. Greiner, Phys. Rev. C 65, 024301 (2002)Google Scholar
- S. Schramm, Phys. Rev. C 66, 064310 (2002).Google Scholar
- D. E. Groom etal., Eur. Phys. J. C15, 1 (2000).Google Scholar
- S. Schramm, Phys. Lett. B560, 164 (2003).Google Scholar
- JLab experiment E-00–003, R. Michaels, P.A. Souder, G.M. Urciuoli (spokespersons)Google Scholar