A Model for University-Industry Collaboration
This paper describes the New England Center for Analog and Mixed Signal Integrated Circuit Design (NECAMSID). This center, in the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), enables collaborative interaction between industry sponsors and WPI faculty. The flexibility of WPI’s project-based educational program allows a variety of undergraduate and graduate educational opportunities, including industry sponsored projects at both on- and off-campus sites.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. McNeill and R. Vaz, “Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE Computer Society International Conference on Microelectronic Systems Education (MSE’97), Arlington, VA, July, 1997.Google Scholar
- J. McNeill and R. Vaz, “High Expectations: A Passport to Success,” Ninth International Conference on the First Year Experience, July, 1996.Google Scholar
- R. Vaz, S. J. Bitar, T. Prestero, N. Cantor, “Student Design for the Developing World,” Proceedings of the 2004 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Session 2260Google Scholar
- R. Vaz, “A Sophomore-Level ECE Product Design Experience,” Proceedings of the 2004 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition , Session 1725.Google Scholar
- J. McNeill and K. Keenaghan, “Transitioning an Engineering Course to Studio Format,” Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE ’02), Boston, MA, October, 2002.Google Scholar
- J. McNeill, M. Lawler, G. Levesque, J. Ruiter, J. Noon A 50A, 1-us-rise-time, programmable electronic load instrument for measurement of microprocessor power supply transient performance , Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE IMTC2000, Baltimore, MD, May, 2000.Google Scholar
- J. McNeill, “Boost Converter Provides Temperature-Controlled Operation of 12V Fan from +5V Supply”, Design Idea, EDN Magazine, pp. 98–100, December 18, 1997.Google Scholar
- J. McNeill, J. Kulesza, L. Menezes, N. Tjoa, “Improved Efficiency Fan Speed Control,” Ideas for Design, Electronic Design Magazine, pp. 98–100, October 22, 1998.Google Scholar