Fine Bending With Counter Pressure
Counter pressure bending is a new precision bending method to solve many technical problems in V-shape bending. As the tension side of the material is compressed by the counter plate, most materials including hard and rather brittle materials, can be bent without fracture occuring even when bending to a right angle with zero nose radius. Also, the camber along the bending line and the distortion of the edge as observed in a conventional bent part, is decreased to a great extent by the addition of counter pressure. The bottom shape accuracy of the bent part is also improved. Bottom striking at the end of bending stroke can be omitted and hence spring back can be controlled easily by the adjustment of the press stroke.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. CUPKA, K. SUZUKI ans T. NAKAGAWA; Effect of Counter Pressure in V-type Bending, Proc. 23rd JNCPW, 93 (1972) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 2.T. NAKAGAWA, K. SUZUKI, A. TAKEZOE and T. TEZUKA; V Bending of as Cold Rolled Steel Sheet, Proc. 1975’s JSSPW, 133 (1975) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 3.V. CUPKA, H. MIYAMOTO, T. NAKAGAWA, T. MIYOSHI and K. SUZUKI; Analysis of Counter Pressure Bending by FEM, Proc. Int. Conf. Prod. Engg. 257 (1974) Tokyo.Google Scholar
- 4.T. NAKAGAWA, K. SUZUKI and K. KABEYA; Prevention of Camber in V Bending, Proc. 26th JNCPW, 189, (1975) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 5.T. TEZUKA, M. IWAMATSU, T. NAKAGAWA and K. SUZUKI; Newly Designed Press Brake for Counter Pressure Bending, Proc. 1976 JSCPW, 93 (1976) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 6.T. NAKAGAWA, K. SUZUKI, V. CUPKA and T.OHTSUKI: Counter Pressure Bending of Thick Steel Sheet, Proc. 1974 JSCPW, 279, (1974) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 7.K. SUZUKI and T. NAKAGAWA; Bending of the Sheet in its Plane, Proc. 25th JNCPW, 279, (1974) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 8.T. NAKAGAWA, K. SUZUKI and T. MACHIDA; Bending of Thermoplastic Sheet by Local Contact Heating, Jour. Japan Soc. for Tech. of Plasticity. Vol.16, No.172. 379 (1975)Google Scholar
- (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- * JNCPW : Japanese National Congress on Plastic Work.Google Scholar
- * JSCPW : Japanese Spring Conference for Plastic Work.Google Scholar