Evidence of Neolithic settlement has been found at Boundali in northern Côte d”Ivoire but the country’s forested central and southern regions are believed to have been thinly populated. From the ninth century the northwest fell under the Ghana empire and prospered from Trans-Saharan trade. From the 13th to the 17th centuries the north came under the control of the Islamic Mali empire.
KeywordsSugar Nickel Dioxide Maize Petroleum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Direction de la Statistique. Bulletin Mensuel de Statistique.Google Scholar
- McGovern, Mike, Making War in Côte d”Ivoire. 2006Google Scholar
- Mundt, Robert J., Historical Dictionary of Côte d”Ivoire. 1995Google Scholar
- National Statistical Office: Institut National de la Statistique, BP V 55, Abidjan 01.Google Scholar
- Website (limited English): http://www.ins.ci/n