Sales Forecasting and Budgeting
realise the importance of sales forecasts and understand their use
describe the process of forecasting and some of the techniques
explain the connection between sales forecasts, sales budgets and sales targets
illustrate the components in a sales budget
evaluate the role of salespeople as sources of market intelligence and research.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Battersby, A. (1968) Sales Forecasting,. London: Cassell.Google Scholar
- Chambers, J.C., Satinder, K.M. and Smith, D.D. (1971) How to choose the right forecasting technique, Harvard Business Review, Jul-Aug: 45–74.Google Scholar
- Director, (1987) Time to take a look at your sales force, Director, Sep: 99.Google Scholar
- Mathews, B.P. and Diamantopoulos, A. (1986) Factors influencing the nature and effectiveness of subjective revision of objective sales forecasts: an empirical analysis, Contemporary Research in Marketing, Proceedings of the XVth Annual Conference of the European Marketing Academy, Helsinki, p. 913.Google Scholar
- Keynote (1997) Retailing in the UK,. London: Keynote Publications.Google Scholar
- Schiff, J.S. and Schiff, M. (1967) New sales management tool: ROAM, Harvard Business Review, Jul-Aug: 59–66.Google Scholar