Evaluation and Control
to identify the most appropriate measures which can be used to evaluate salespeople and control salesforce operations
to consider how evaluation can best be conducted and by whom
to compare the different approaches to the evaluation of sales performance
to itemise the components of sales analysis and cost control
to review the key determinants of salesforce performance.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cron, W.L. and Levy, M. (1987) Sales management performance evaluation: a residual income perspective, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 7 (2): 57–66.Google Scholar
- DeCarlo, T.E. and Leigh, T.W. (1996) Impact of salesperson attraction on sales managers’ attributions and feedback, Journal of Marketing, 60 (Apr): 47–66.Google Scholar
- Henry, R (1975) Manage your sales force as a system, Harvard Business Review, Mar-Apr: 85–95.Google Scholar
- Kotier, R (1997) Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation and Control, 9th edn. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Ryans, A.B. and Weinberg, C.B. (1984) Improving productivity in the sales force learning from our own experience. A company-focused approach, Business Quarterly, Spring: 67–9.Google Scholar