Applied Spatial Informatics as a Framework for Natural Disaster Mitigation
A number of computer programs for training have been developed for decision-makers involved in disaster reduction, particularly in natural disaster reduction.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Meulen, G. G. van der (1989) Spatial Planning Software and Knowledge Engineering Handbook with Adapted Approaches for Urban and Regional Planners in Developing Countries (Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University).Google Scholar
- Meulen, G. G. van der (1991) ‘Flood-risk Simulation, A Disaster Mitigating Training System’, in Proceedings of the International Workshops, Storm Surges, River Flow and Combined Effects STORM ’91, a contribution to the UNESCO-IHP Project H-2–2, Hamburg, 8–12 April, pp. 245–55.Google Scholar
- Meulen, G. G. van der (1993a) ‘PC Global Seawater Level Rising, General Effects on the World Hatibat, Using a PC’, in Proceedings of the International Workshop SEAWATER ’93, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands, April, p. 10.Google Scholar
- Meulen, G. G. van der (1993b) ‘UNDECAD PC Umbrella Disaster Mitigation Training Programs. Compuplan’s Involvement in (Natural) Disaster Reduction’, paper presented at an expert meeting ‘Rampen, Noodhulp, Ontwikkeling en Millieu’, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, The Hague, 6 April p. 12.Google Scholar
- Meulen, G. G. van der (1993c) Applied Spatial Informatics, A Handbook (Bangkok: Asian Institute of Technology).Google Scholar
- RPD (1990) Bestemmen met Beleid (’s-Gravenhage: RPD)Google Scholar
- RNDRO (1991) Mitigating Natural Disasters. Phenomena, Effects and Options. A Manual for Policymakers and Planners (Geneva: RNDRO).Google Scholar
- Wolters, T. M., and G. G. van der Meulen (1993) ‘Disaster Management and Institution Building’, in Proceedings of the International Conference ‘Urban Environment in Developing Countries; Futures, Ideas, Directions’, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 16–18 June p. 10.Google Scholar
© Manas Chatterji 1997