The EU, Home Affairs and 1996: Intergovernmental Convergence or Confederal Diversity?
The following pages attempt to locate the options for the future development of drug enforcement policies (at local, national and pan-EU levels) in the context of development of the European Union along either intergovernmental or confederal1 lines.
KeywordsEurope Cocaine Arena Volatility Heroin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agence Europe (1995) ‘EU: signature of text on Customs Information System, Protection of Financial Interests’, Reuters Textline, July 28.Google Scholar
- European Commission (London office) (1994) This Week in Europe (WE/22/ 94, 9 June), Eurobarometer survey of public opinion at the time of the June 1994 elections to the European Parliament.Google Scholar
- European Council (1993) Unpublished draft Act of the Council regarding establishment of a European Police Office [Europol], November.Google Scholar
- European Council (1994) Unpublished draft Act of the Council, as considered at the Berlin meeting of the JHA Council, September.Google Scholar
- EP News (election special, 1994), (Brussels: European Commission, DG for Information and Public Affairs).Google Scholar
- Kirby, T. (1992) ‘Pressure Grows for an EC-wide Detective Force’, Independent, 20 April 1992.Google Scholar
- Reuters European Community Report (1995) ‘France struggles for accord on Europol’, Reuters Limited, June 20.Google Scholar
- Scott, A., F. Peterson and D. Millar (1995) ‘Subsidiarity: A Europe of the Regions versus the British Constitution?’ Journal of Common Market Studies, vol. 32 (1), pp. 60 et seq.Google Scholar