Gamagori: In Retrospect
- 63 Downloads
In April 1960, the International Economic Association, urged by its Japanese members, held a conference at Gamagori, Japan. The proceedings, edited by Kenneth Berrill, were published four years later under the title Economic Development: With Special Reference to East Asia [Berrill, (1964)].
KeywordsForeign Trade Heavy Industry Asian Development Western Economist Private Entrepreneur
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.M. D. Little, Economic Development, New York: Basic Books, 1982, pp. 19–21.Google Scholar
- Gerald M. Meier, “The Formative Period”, in Gerald M. Meier and Dudley Seers (eds). Pioneers in Development, New York: Oxford University Press, 1984.Google Scholar
- 11.Robert Cassen, Does Aid Work, Report to an Intergovernmental Task Force, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1986, pp. 356–7.Google Scholar
- 12.Max Weber, Economy and Society: An Outline of Interpretative Sociology, ed. by Guenther Roth and Clause Wittich, New York, Bedminister Press, 1968, pp. 212–41.Google Scholar
- 13.J. Alexander Caldwell, American Economic Aid to Thailand, Lexington, Mass., Lexington Books, 1974.Google Scholar
- 14.Akira Suehiro, Capital Accumulation in Thailand 1855–1985, Tokyo: Center for East Asian cultural Studies, 1988, pp. 179–181.Google Scholar