By the time he returned to Britain at the end of 1928, Austin was badly in need of a holiday. He had planned to visit Austria and Switzerland before Christmas and to tour the Middle East on his way back but he simply did not have the energy. Indeed, not long after his return he went down with mumps.
KeywordsEconomic Journal Market Imperfection Competitive Industry Perfect Competition Administrative Duty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.(D. Patinkin and J. C. Leith, Keynes, Cambridge and the ‘General Theory’ (London: Macmillan, 1977) p. 161.Google Scholar
- 4.G. M. Meier and D. Seers (eds), Pioneers in Development (Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press for the World Bank, 1984) p. 62.Google Scholar
- 5.A. C. Pigou, ‘Real and Money Wages in Relation to Unemployment’, Economic Journal, Sept. 1937.Google Scholar
- 6.Review of E. T. Elbourn, Fundamentals of Industrial Administration, in Economic Journal (1935) pp. 345–6.Google Scholar
- 13.E. A. G. Robinson, ‘The Problem of Management and the Size of Firms’, Economic Journal (June 1934) pp. 242–57.Google Scholar
- 14.N. Kaldor, ‘The Equilibrium of the Firm’, Economic Journal (March 1934) pp. 60–76.Google Scholar