The nature and scope of customer service.
The strategic use of service.
The concept of Total Quality Management (TQM).
The pricing of services
The measurement of service quality.
Service as a marketing strategy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Notes and References
- 1.It will be recalled from Chapter 6 that switching costs play an important role in competition.Google Scholar
- 2.Michael J. Baker, Marketing: An Introductory Text (London: Macmillan, 1991) 5th edn.Google Scholar
- 3.Martin Christopher, Philip Schory and Tage Skjott-Larsen, Customer Service and Distribution Strategy (London: Associated Business Press, 1979).Google Scholar
- 4.William H. Blenel and Henry E. Bender, Product Service Planning (New York: AMACOM, 1980).Google Scholar
- 5.B. J. LaLonde and Paul H. Zinszer, Customer Service: meaning and measurement (Chicago: National Council of Physical Distribution Management, 1976).Google Scholar
- 6.Winter 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.Product Service Planning, see n. 4 above.Google Scholar
- 8.‘Production-line Approach to Service’, Harvard Business Review (September– October 1972).Google Scholar
- 9.K. Ohmae, The Mind of the Strategist, (Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1983).Google Scholar
- 10.P. Kotler, Marketing Management (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1980) 4th edn, p. 375.Google Scholar
- 11.Product Service Planning, see n. 4 above.Google Scholar
- 12.Tamara J. Erickson, ‘Beyond the Quality Revolution: Linking Quality to Corporate Strategy’, Prism (First Quarter, 1991) pp. 5–21.Google Scholar
- 13.Eriksen, ‘Beyond the Quality Revolution’, p. 11.Google Scholar
- 14.Diane H. Schmalensee, ‘Soft Measurement: A Vital Ingredient in Quality Improvement’, Prism, (First Quarter, 1991) pp. 49–57.Google Scholar
- 15.‘The Role of Service in Effective Marketing’, in Victor P. Buell and Carl C. Meyel (eds), Handbook of Modern Marketing (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1970).Google Scholar
- 16.Diana Brown and Roger Banks, ‘Customer First’, Survey (Spring 1991).Google Scholar
- 17.M. P. Singh, ‘Service as a Marketing Strategy: A Case Study at Reliance Electric’, Industrial Marketing Management, 19 (1990).Google Scholar