A new strategic vision, translated into detailed operating strategies.
New organisational skills, to make the new vision work.
Commitment of key people in the organisation, to the new vision and the development of new skills (Philips, 1983).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beckhard, R. (1967) ‘The Confrontation Meeting’, Harvard Business Review, XLV.Google Scholar
- Boot, R. L., Cowling, A. G. and Stanworth, M. J. K. (1977) Behavioural Sciences for Managers (Leeds: Arnold).Google Scholar
- Coch, Lester and French, John R. P. (1948) ‘Overcoming Resistance to Change’, Human Relations, I.Google Scholar
- Kotter, John P. and Schlesinger, Leonard A. (1979) ‘Choosing Strategies for Change’, Harvard Business Review, March/April.Google Scholar
- Lawrence, Paul R. (1954) ‘How to Deal with Resistance to Change’, Harvard Business Review, May/June.Google Scholar
- Lorsch, Jay (1976) ‘Managing Effective Change Strategies’, Harvard Business School Note, HBS Case Studies.Google Scholar
- MacMillan, Ian C. (1978) Strategy Formulation: Political Concepts (St Paul, Minnesota: West).Google Scholar
- Mintzberg, Henry (1983) Power in and around Organisations (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall).Google Scholar
- Mumford, Enid and Pettigrew, Andrew (1975) Implementing Strategic Decisions (London: Longman).Google Scholar
- Philips, Julien R. (1983) ‘Enhancing the Effectiveness of Organisational Change Management’, Human Resource Management, 22, Spring/Summer.Google Scholar
- Powell, Gary and Posner, Barry Z. (1978) ‘Resistance to Change Reconsidered: Implications for Managers’, Human Resource Management, 17, Spring.Google Scholar
- Pugh, D. S. (1984) Organization Theory (Harmondsworth: Penguin) p. 279.Google Scholar
- Rogers, Everett and Stanfield, J. David (1966) ‘Adoption and Diffusion of New Products: Emerging Generalisations and Hypotheses’, paper presented at the Conference on the Application of Sciences to Marketing Management, Purdue University, July, 1966.Google Scholar
- Tichy, Noel M. (1983) ‘The Confrontation Meeting’, Harvard Business Review, XLV.Google Scholar
- Zaltman, G. and Duncan, R. (1977) Strategies for Planned Change (Chichester: Wiley).Google Scholar