Each of the following chapters of this book deals with some particular aspect of the social world and the part that gender plays in it. In each of them you will be presented with information which sociologists and other social scientists have gained about that particular aspect of the social world. Before we go on to these chapters., however, we should look at the way in which such information is collected, at the methods used by sociologists and other social scientists to gather information about the social world.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Eichler, M. (1988) Nonsexist Research Methods, Allen and Unwin, London.Google Scholar
- Morison, M. (1986) Methods in Sociology, Longman, London.Google Scholar
- Roberts, H. (1981) Doing Feminist Research, Routledge and Kegan Paul, London.Google Scholar
- Warren, C.A.B. (1988) Gender Issues in Field Research, Sage, London.Google Scholar
- Webb, E.J. et al. (1981) Nonreactive Measures in the Social Sciences, 2nd edition, Houghton Mifflin, Boston.Google Scholar