The Control and Coordination of Subcontractors
The planning stages involved in the control and coordination of subcontractors follows similar stages to those that the main contractor goes through, i.e. pretender, pre-contract and contract planning. The decision making process in respect to subcontractors and their involvement in the project will therefore be dealt with under these headings. Subcontractors’ input into the various planning stages is illustrated in Figures 8.1 and 8.2.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Subcontractor Code of Practice, Building Employers Confederation Publication, 1975Google Scholar
- 2.Code of Estimating Practice, Chartered Institute of Building, 3rd Edition 1983Google Scholar
- 3.Canter M R, Resource Management for Construction, Chapter 6, Macmillan Press 1993Google Scholar
- 4.Okoroh M and Torrence V., Technical paper based on PhD Thesis, ‘Knowledge based decision support systems in the selection and appointment of Subcontractors in Building Refurbishment’, University of Loughborough, 1992Google Scholar
- 5.Brook M, Estimating and Tendering for Construction Work, Butterworth-Heinemann, 1993Google Scholar
- 6.Sidwell A C, An Evaluation of Management Contracting, Construction Management and Economics Volume 1, E & F Spon, 1983Google Scholar