National Innovation Systems: A Retrospective on a Study
In this essay I will describe a large comparative study of national innovation systems that was recently completed, tell something of what motivated the study and how it was organized and undertaken, and highlight some of the more interesting findings. This is a difficult task, for the project was not only large but also complex.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dosi, G., Freeman, C., Nelson, R., Silverberg, G. and Soete, L. (1988) Technical Change and Economic Theory (London: Frances Pinter).Google Scholar
- Gerschenkron, A. (1962) Economic Development in Historical Perspectives (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press).Google Scholar
- Krugman, P. (ed) (1987) Strategic Trade Policy and the New International Economics (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press).Google Scholar
- Lundvall, B. A. (1988) ‘Innovation as an Interactive Process: From User-Producer Interaction to the National System of Innovation’, in Dosi et al., op. cit.Google Scholar
- Ostry, S. (1990) Governments and Corporations in a Shrinking World (New York: Council on Foreign Relations Press).Google Scholar
- Porter, M. (1990) The Competitive Advantage of Nations (New York: The Free Press).Google Scholar