Total Productive Maintenance: Quality and Responsibility Through Worker Involvement
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) has been introduced into the manufacturing function of a host Company at operator and management level in a pilot scheme. The structured approach to TPM implementation is described, based upon standard TPM practice, but tailored to meet the Company’s requirements. The pilot implementation was successful, increasing overall equipment effectiveness of the pilot area from 65% to 83%, and operator involvement was substantially increased. The need for operator training for autonomous maintenance was noted, and Engineering Training Authorities schemes were identified as being appropriate for TPM related maintenance training.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CAMMELL J. (1991), Optimising plant availability, DTI Managing into the 90’s, p. 1–2Google Scholar
- 2.WILLMOTT P. (1991), An executive guide to effective maintenance, DTI Managing into the 90’s, p. 3Google Scholar
- 3.MARCH CONSULTING GROUP (April 1991), Managing maintenance into the 1990’s report digest, DTI Report, p. 3–5Google Scholar
- 4.DUYER J. (July 1991), Isn’t it time to bank your plant care cash?, Boardroom report p. 3–5Google Scholar
- 5.HOLDER R.(July 1991), Figures to set boardroom alarm bells ringing, Boardroom report p. 10–14Google Scholar
- 6.IDHAMMER C. (1992), R-O-M, 15th National maintenance management show, Conference papers IDCON Inc., p. 17–18Google Scholar
- 7.COWAN R. (1991), Training is not enough, Boardroom report, p. 37Google Scholar
- 8.NEALE M. (1975), A guide to condition monitoring of machines, Department of Industry, p. 7Google Scholar
- 10.NAKAJYIMA S. (1989), Introduction to TPM, Productivity press, p. 10–11Google Scholar
- 11.FUJIKOSHI N. (1990), TPM training programme, Productivity press, p. 112Google Scholar
- 12.WILMER B. (Sept 1991), TPM at Nissan motor manufacturing U.K, Maintenance Vol 6 No 3, p. 16Google Scholar
- 13.GADD J. (July 1991), Price of apathy reaches £1.3 Billion, Boardroom report p. 24–25Google Scholar
- 14.SWINTON A.A. (1992), Total Productive Maintenance at Blagden Packaging, MSc. dissertation, University of Bradford.Google Scholar