Molly and Maurice are employed in the factory of Common Foods Ltd where machinery is in use. The employees are required to wear protective clothing while in the factory and are under orders not to take the clothing outside the section in the interests of hygiene. One day Molly, a research scientist, was called away to see her manager; she took off her protective overall but on her return forgot to put it on again. As a result the loosely hanging sleeve on her blouse caught in a machine she was operat-ing and she was seriously injured. Molly went on sick leave and was unable to return to work for several months.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Holmes and Painter, SWOT Employment Law (Blackstone Press Ltd)Google Scholar
- Rogers, WVH, The Law of Tort (Butterworths)Google Scholar
- Waud, C, Daily Mail Guide to Employment Law (Mail Newspapers plc, London)Google Scholar
- Lord Wedderburn, The Worker and the Law (Penguin Books)Google Scholar
- Selwyn’s Law of Employment (Butterworths)Google Scholar