This section describes the procedures typically required for the building development process in the UK. The term building development process is used here to mean the commissioning of the planning, design and construction of a new building or the alteration of an existing building.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bennett J. and Grice T., ‘Procurement systems for building’, in Quantity Surveying Techniques: New Directions (Ed. Brandon P.S.). BSP, 1988.Google Scholar
- CIOB, Code of Practice for Management in Construction and Development CIOB, 1992.Google Scholar
- Cornick T., Quality Management for Building Design. Heinemann, 1992.Google Scholar
- Construction Management Forum, Report and Guidance. Centre for Strategic Studies in Construction, University of Reading, 1991.Google Scholar
- Ferry D.J. and Brandon P.S., Cost Planning of Buildings, 6th ed. BSP, 1990.Google Scholar
- Hughes W.P. and Murdoch J.R., Construction Contracts: Law and Management. Spon, 1991.Google Scholar
- Pilcher R., Project Cost Control chapter 5. BSP, 1985.Google Scholar
- Seeley I.H., Building Economics 3rd edn. The Macmillan Press, 1983.Google Scholar