VDM applies mathematical precision to the specification of computer programs. As such, it makes extensive use of certain notations from the field of Discrete Mathematics. Those readers who are familiar with topics such as boolean logic, predicates and set theory may wish to avoid this chapter. Those who are not are strongly advised to read this chapter and may also wish to study further one or more of the texts listed at the end.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Bradley (1988) Introduction to Discrete Mathematics Addison-WesleyGoogle Scholar
- T. Denvir (1986) Introduction to Discrete Mathematics for Software Engineering Macmillan PressGoogle Scholar
- R. Johnsonbaugh (1986) Discrete Mathematics Maxwell MacmillanGoogle Scholar
- G. Slater G. (Ed) (1986) Essential Mathematics for Software Engineering Maxwell MacmillanGoogle Scholar
- J. Woodcock & S. Loomes (1986) Software Engineering Mathematics PitmanGoogle Scholar