describe Piaget’s theory of cognitive development;
evaluate Piaget’s theory in the light of subsequent research;
consider the educational implications of Piaget’s theory;
describe Bruner’s theory of cognitive development and consider some educational implications;
show an appreciation of the information-processing approach to cognitive development;
critically evaluate theories of language acquisition.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bryant P Piaget: issues and experiments. British Journal of Psychology. Special issue. 1982.Google Scholar
- Donaldson M Children’s minds. Fontana 1978.Google Scholar
- McGurk H Growing and Changing Methuen 1975.Google Scholar
- Mussen P, J Conger & A Huston Child development and personality (6th Edition). New York Harper & Row 1984.Google Scholar
- Turner J Cognitive development and education. Methuen 1984.Google Scholar