Public Information Systems for Quantity Surveyors
• Explain what a bulletin board is.
• Explain what a public information system is.
• Outline the principal types of public information system which may be of use to quantity surveyors.
• Explain what is meant by ‘public domain’ software.
• Explain the hardware considerations which it may be necessary to take into account to allow access to bulletin boards and public information systems.
• Comment on the economics of using public information systems and the constraints which management might need to apply.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Goodwin S. (1987) ‘Computer answers ‘ “Free software” Personal Computer World October 1986 p. 206Google Scholar
- Stewart A. (1987) ‘Postage stamped out’ Building 22/5/87Google Scholar
- Toothill P. (1987a) ‘News Bulletin’ Personal computer World May 1987 pp. 174–175Google Scholar
- Toothill P. (1987b) ‘UK Bulletin Boards’ Personal computer World August 1987 p. 214Google Scholar
- Toothill P. (1987c) ‘Co by the board’ Personal Computer World June 1987 pp. 174–175Google Scholar
- Toothill P. (1987d) ‘Clearing the line’ Personal Computer World April 1987 pp. 174–176Google Scholar