Interruption of pregnancy applies to gravidae at less than 28 full weeks’ gestation with a quiescent uterus. Practically, in the overwhelming majority of cases, abortion should be performed prior to viability or at less than 22 weeks’ gestation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brenner, W. E. (1972). Second trimester interruption of pregnancy. In Taymor, M. K. and Green T. H. (Eds.), Progress in Gynecology, Vol. 6. Grune and Stratton, New York, pp. 421–44Google Scholar
- Bygdeman, M. (1984). The use of prostaglandins and their analogues for abortion. In Newton, J. R. (Ed.), Clinics in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vol. 11. W. B. Saunders, London, pp. 573–84Google Scholar
- Bygdeman, M., Borell, U., Leader, A., Lundström, V., Martin, J. N., Jr., Eneroth, P. and Gréen, K. (1976). Induction of first and second trimester abortion by the vaginal administration of 15-methyl PGF2α methyl ester. In Samuelsson, B. and Paoletti, R. (Eds.), Advances in Prostaglandin and Thromboxane Research, Vol. 2. Raven Press, New York, pp. 693–704Google Scholar
- Bygdeman, M. and Van Look, P. F. A. (1988). Antiprogestins for the interruption of pregnancy. In Healy, D. L. (Ed.), Ballière’s Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Anti-hormones in Clinical Gynaecology. Ballière Tindall, London, pp. 617–29Google Scholar
- Chwalisz, K., Qing, S. S., Neef, G. and Elger, W. (1987). The effect of the antigestagen ZK 98,299 on the uterine cervix. Acta Endocrinol., 283 (Suppl.), 113–14Google Scholar
- Galen, R. S., Chauhan, P., Wietzner, H. and Navarro, C. (1974). Fetal pathology and mechanism of fetal death in saline induced abortion: a study of 143 gestations and critical review of the literature. Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol., 12, 347–55Google Scholar
- Kelly, R. W., Healy, D. L., Cameron, I. and Baird, D. T. (1986). The stimulation of prostaglandin production by two antiprogesterone steroids in human endometrial cells. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., 62, 1117–23Google Scholar
- Kerenyi, T. D. (1972). Technique of late abortion. In Lewit, S. (Ed.), Abortion Techniques and Services. Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, pp. 17–22Google Scholar
- Ott, E. R. (1977). Cervical dilatation—A review. Population Reports, Series F, No. 6Google Scholar
- Tietze, C. and Henshaw, S. K. (1986). Induced Abortion: A World Review 1986. Alan Guttmacher Institute, New York and WashingtonGoogle Scholar
- Van Look, P. F. A. (1989). Antiprogestin: a new era in hormonal regulation of fertility. In Proceedings of the First Congress of the International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology. Parthenon Publishing, Carnforth (in press)Google Scholar