Part of the Essentials of Nursing Management book series (ENMS)
This chapter deals with the skills managers employ in dealing with staff in the specific areas of interviewing, assessment and appraisal, and selection and appointment.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Suggested further reading
- John Courtis, The 44 Most Common Management Mistakes and How to Avoid Them (Kogan Page and the British Institute of Management 1988).Google Scholar
- Clive Fletcher How to Face the Interview (Unwin, 1986).Google Scholar
- Clive T. Goodworth, Effective Interviewing for Employment Selection (London: Business Books, 1983).Google Scholar
- Philip Hodgson, A Practical Guide to Successful Interviewing McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1987).Google Scholar
- Martin John Yate, Great Answers to Tough Interview Questions (Kogan Page, 1988).Google Scholar
© Barbara Scammell 1990