The communications continuum: coaching and counselling
Part of the Essentials of Nursing Management book series (ENMS)
There are three aspects of ‘advice giving’ for which the nurse manager is responsible in his or her day-to-day work:
Educating staff and the public.
Informing staff, peers, patients, clients and relatives.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Carl Rogers, Client-centered Therapy (Constable, 1981).Google Scholar
Suggested further reading
- Tanya Arroba and Kim James, Pressure at Work: A Survival Guide (McGraw-Hill, 1987).Google Scholar
- Gerard Egan, The Skilled Helper (Brooks/Cole Publishing Co., 1980).Google Scholar
- Richard Nelson-Jones, Human Relationship Skills: Training and Self-help (Cassell, 1986).Google Scholar
- Michael Reddy, The Manager’s Guide to Counselling at Work (The British Psychological Society and Methuen, 1987).Google Scholar
© Barbara Scammell 1990