Structural Change and Patterns of International Trade
Part of the International Economics Study Group book series (IESG)
What determines the commodity pattern of trade between countries? Why does one country export textiles and another export wine? This has long been the central question of trade theory.
KeywordsImperfect Competition Trade Pattern Factor Endowment Trade Theory Trade Economist
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N. (1980) ‘Lobbying and Welfare’, Journal of Public Economics, 14, 355–63.Google Scholar
- Chenery, Hollis and Moises Syrquin (1975). Patterns of Development, 1950–1970, (Oxford University Press).Google Scholar
- Deardorff, Alan V. (1984). ‘Testing Trade Theories and Predicting Trade Flows’, in R. W. Jones and P. B. Kenen (eds), Handbook of International Economics, Vol. I (Amsterdam: North-Holland).Google Scholar
- Deardorff, Alan V. and Robert M. Stern (1983). ‘The Economic Effects of Complete Elimination of Post-Tokyo-Round Tariffs’, in William R. Cline (ed.), Trade Policy in the 1980s, (Washington, DC: Institute for International Economics).Google Scholar
- Findlay, Ronald (1984). ‘Growth and Development in Trade Models’, In R. W. Jones and P. B. Kenen (eds), Handbook of International Economics, Vol. I (Amsterdam: North-Holland).Google Scholar
- Helpman, Elhanan and Paul Krugman (1985). Market Structure and Foreign Trade (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press).Google Scholar
- Leamer, Edward E. (1984). Sources of International Comparative Advantage: Theory and Evidence (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press).Google Scholar
- Posner, M. W. (1961). ‘International Trade and Technical Change,’ Oxford Economic Papers, 13, 323–41.Google Scholar
- Vernon, Raymond (1966). ‘International Investment and International Trade in the Product Cycle’, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 80, 255–67.Google Scholar
- Whalley, John (1985). Trade Liberalization among Major World Trading Areas (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press).Google Scholar
© International Economics Study Group 1989