Estimation of Material Removal in Usm Process — A Theoretical and Experimental Study
In Ultrasonic Machining several theories have been put forward by various researchers. Inspite of such efforts, there is still a need for developing a comprehensive theoretical model which will describe the material removal process. In the present work the authors have undertaken the task of developing a comprehensive analytical model for the estimation of material removal rate and performing extensive experimental investigation in order to make an in-depth study of the mechanism of material removal process by considering the major influencing parameters. The power involved in such machining has also been estimated. Fall in MRR at higher static loads has been successfully explained by the theoretical postulation which is in good agreement with the experimental findings.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L.D. ROSENBERG, and V.E. KAZANTEV, “A study of the machanism of ultrasonic machining by highspeed cinematography”, Stanki, Instr., NC. 5:20. 1959.Google Scholar
- 2.L.D. ROSENBERG, V.F. KAZANTSEV, “The mechanism of ultrasonic cutting, Ultrasonic”, Oct-Dec, p.166, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.H.L. OH, D. PANKOW and I. FINNIE, “The mechanism of ultrasonic machining of brittle solids”, Proc. ICPE, Tokyo, 11–194, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.S.P. TIMESHENKO and J.N. GOODIER, “Theory of elastrcity”, McGraw Hill Int. St. Edn., 1970.Google Scholar
- 5.J. SAHA, “Study of Ultrasonic Machining Process”, Ph.D. dissertation, 1987.Google Scholar