Documentaries and Current Affairs
As defined by John Grierson, its founding father, the documentary is ‘the creative treatment of actuality’.
KeywordsKhmer Rouge Regional Company Factual Programme Party Secretary Current Affair
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.John Grierson, quoted in IBA Paper 312(79).Google Scholar
- 2.GAC Paper 4(76).Google Scholar
- 3.IBA Paper 312(79).Google Scholar
- 4.See Volume 3, pp. 121–2.Google Scholar
- 5.See Volume 3, pp. 119–20.Google Scholar
- 6.David Plowright, quoted in World in Action: The First Twenty-One Years, p. 15.Google Scholar
- 7.See Volume 2, pp. 294–307, and Volume 3, pp. 112–23.Google Scholar
- 8.Letters to and from Chairman of IBA dated 8 and 14 October 1974, IBA File 5024.Google Scholar
- 9.Sir Geoffrey Cox, See It Happen: The Making of ITN (The Bodley Head, 1983) p. 222–3. End quotation from E. R. Thompson, Address to IBI, Rome 1969.Google Scholar
- 10.See also Chapter 5.Google Scholar
- 11.ITA Annual Report and Accounts 1959–60, p. 13.Google Scholar
- 12.Lord Dacre in the Daily Mail.Google Scholar
- 13.See Volume 3, pp. 276–7.Google Scholar
- 14.See David Boulton, Invasion (Granada Group, 1980).Google Scholar
- 15.Sir Geoffrey Cox, See It Happen: The Making of ITN, pp. 224–5.Google Scholar
- 16.Quoted in Independent Broadcasting 9, September 1976, p. 11.Google Scholar
© Independent Broadcasting Authority and Independent Television Association 1990