Taxation and Institutional Property Investment
The influence of taxation has significantly contributed towards the growth of institutional property investment over the last 20 years and is discussed in Chapter 2. This was also one of the conclusions of the Wilson report on the financial institutions. The purpose of this chapter is to introduce the main taxes as they affect property investment and the institutions.
KeywordsEurope Income Expense Allo Refrigeration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Further Reading
- Wilson, Sir Harold, Committee to Review the Functioning of Financial Institutions, Cmd 7937 (HMSO, 1980).Google Scholar
- Kay, J.A. and King, M.A. The British Tax System (Oxford University Press, 1980).Google Scholar
- Galbraith, J.K., The Affluent Society (Hamish Hamilton, 1958).Google Scholar
- Davies, F.R., Introduction to Revenue Law (Sweet and Maxwell, 1980).Google Scholar
- Pinson, B., Pinson on Revenue Law, 5th edn (Sweet and Maxwell, 1982).Google Scholar
- Stapleton, T., ‘Capital Allowances — the Neglected Factor’, Estates Gazette, vol. 266, 7 May 1983, pp. 499–501.Google Scholar
- McIntosh, A.P.J., ‘Funding Hi-Tech Industrial Property’, Estates Gazette, vol. 269, 25 February 1984, pp. 710–12.Google Scholar