It is not possible to confine transportation surveys to existing local government boundaries because tripmaking and transportation needs are common to a region. Most surveys are carried out on a regional basis; for example, the West Yorkshire transportation Study covered an area between Knaresborough and Barnsley, Burnley and Goole. The London Travel Survey area contains almost 17 per cent of the population of Great Britain bounded by St. Albans, Slough, Gravesend and Redhill.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Transportation Association of Southern California, Los Angeles Regional Transportation Study, Appendix to the Base Year Report, Los Angeles (1969)Google Scholar
- 2.London County Council, London Traffic Survey, County Hall, London, Vol. 1 (1964)Google Scholar
- 3.Traffic Research Corporation, West Yorkshire Transportation Study, Project Report (1967)Google Scholar
- 4.Bedfordshire County Council, Bedford-Kempston Transportation Survey, Phase 1 (1965)Google Scholar
- 5.Department of Transport, Traffic Appraisal Manual, London (1981)Google Scholar