What is Public Relations?
The purpose of this chapter is to define public relations and to establish its relevance to marketing. But we shall go further than suggesting that PR is something which should be included in the marketing mix.
KeywordsPublic Relation Industrial Relation Market Management Marketing Function Noise Abatement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Public Relations (Institute of Public Relations).Google Scholar
- 2.Frank Jefkins, Marketing and PR Media Planning (Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1974) p. 15.Google Scholar
- 3.Philip Kotler, Marketing Management, 3rd ed. (London: Prentice-Hall International, 1976) p. 60.Google Scholar
- 4.Frank Jefkins, Effective Press Relations (Croydon: Frank Jefkins School of Public Relations, 1977).Google Scholar
- 5.Kotler, op. cit., note 3 above.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Jerome McCarthy, Basic Marketing, A Management Approach, 4th ed. (Homewood, Ill.: Richard D. Irwin Inc., 1971) p. 40.Google Scholar