A review of the properties of a new specific 5-HT reuptake inhibitor — fluvoxamine maleate
Some years back the Clinical Research Department of Duphar B.V. was presented with a new non-tricyclic compound which, pharmacologically, was characterized as an antidepressant with few side-effects. We attempted to confirm this activity in the clinic.
KeywordsClinical Global Impression Unwanted Effect Salivary Flow Anticholinergic Effect Healthy Volunteer Study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Davies, B. (1977). Problems of clinical research into affective disorders. In: G. Burrows (ed.), Handbook of Studies on Depression, Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam/London/New York, pp. 217–282Google Scholar
- Feldman, H. S. and Denber, H. O. B. (1982). Long term study of fluvoxamine: a new rapid acting antidepressant. Int.Pharmacopsych., 17:114–1221Google Scholar
- Guy, W. (1976). In: ECDEU Assesment Manual, D.H.E.W. Publication no. 76–338, pp. 217–222Google Scholar
- Herberg, K. W. and Menke, H. (1981). Studies of the effect of the antidepressant fluvoxamine on driving ability and its alcohol interaction. Durphar Report No. H.114.5074, Duphar BV, The NetherlandsGoogle Scholar
- Itil, T. Bhattachyariya, A., Povan, N., Hugue, M. and Menon, G. N. (1977). Fluvoxamine (DU23000), a new antidepressant: Quantitative pharmaco-electro encepholography and pilot clinical trials. In: B. Saletu (ed.), Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology, vol. 1, Pergamon Press, Oxford/New York, pp. 309–322.Google Scholar
- Kletzky, O. A., St. Michel, P., Mashchak, C. A. and Coleman, B. (1982). Acute effect of fluvoxamine, a new serotonin reuptake inhibitor, on hypothalamic-pituitary function. Eur.J. Clin.Pharm., (in press)Google Scholar
- Lapierre, Y. D., Oyewumi, L. K. and Coleman, B. (1981). The efficacy of fluvoxamine as an antidepressant. Clin.Trials J., 18:5, 313–320Google Scholar
- Lapin, I. P. and Oxenkrug, G. F. (1969). Intensification of the central scrotonergic properties as a possible determinant of the thymoleptic effect. Lancet, i: 132–136Google Scholar
- Marks J. (1965). In J. Marks and Ø C. M. B. Pare (eds.), The Scientific Basis of Drug Therapy in Psychiatry, Pergamon Press, New York, pp. 103–113Google Scholar
- Robles de Medina, E. O. (1972). A New Coding System for Electrocardiography, Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, pp.63–99Google Scholar