The Standard of Living Debate
the proportion of national income diverted from consumption to investment, which, in turn, depends on:
what proportion of consumption was going to property owners (rents and profits) and how much to workers (wages and salaries).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. M. Hartwell (ed.), The Industrial Revolution (1967);Google Scholar
- E. J. Hobsbawm, Industry and Empire (1970);Google Scholar
- P. Mathias, The First Industrial Nation (1969);Google Scholar
- E. P. Thompson, The Making of the English Working Class (1966);Google Scholar
- M. W. Flinn, ‘Trends in Real Wages 1750–1850’, English Historical Review, Vol XXVII, Aug. 1974, PP 395–413.Google Scholar