Developments in the Overall Euromarkets
The main theme of this book is the inter-relationship among economic developments in recent years, the changing financial policies of countries and the structural developments in the euromarkets. But before analysing those factors it may be helpful to set out some of the overall changes which have taken place in the markets as a whole. This chapter is concerned with setting out a factual summary of some of the key developments over this period; the underlying reasons, and the developments in more detail, will be examined later.
KeywordsEurope Volatility Indonesia OECD Peru
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bank for International Settlements: press releases from the Monetary and Economic Department on ‘International Banking Developments’.Google Scholar
- Euromoney: various articles and statistical presentations.Google Scholar
- Financial Times: supplements on euromarkets and individual countries. Inter-Bank Research Organisation: Banking Systems Abroad (April 1978).Google Scholar
- International Monetary Fund: Annual Report; Monthly International Financial Statistics; Annual Report on Exchange Restrictions.Google Scholar
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development: Financial Market Trends; Economic Outlook; individual country reports.Google Scholar
- World Bank (IBRD): Borrowing in International Capital Markets —a quarterly report on foreign and international bond issues and publicised eurocurrency credits.Google Scholar
- World Financial Markets,published by Morgan Guaranty Trust Company of New York.Google Scholar