The International Oil Industry and National Economy Development: The Case of Norway
This chapter will analyse the role of the state in the international oil industry. The main focus will be a case study of Norway, but the chapter will also refer extensively to the present situation in the OPEC countries.
KeywordsDownstream Activity OPEC Country Total Rent Norwegian Continental Shelf Norwegian State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 13.James O’Connor, The Fiscal Crisis of the State (New York: St. Martin Press, 1973)Google Scholar
- 66.V. H. Oppenheim, ‘The Past: We Pushed Them’, Foreign Policy, (Fall) 1976.Google Scholar
- 67.J. M. Chevalier, The New Oil Stakes, ( London: Allen & Unwin, 1976 ).Google Scholar
- 68.Taki Rafai, The Pricing of Crude Oil, ( New York: Praeger, 1974 ).Google Scholar
- 71.K. Marx Grundrisse (Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1973) p. 526.Google Scholar
- 72.Elmer Altvater, ‘Notes on Some Problems of State Interventionism’, Kapitalistate 1 & 2 (1973).Google Scholar
- 80.E. Mandel, Late Capitalism, (London: New Left Books, 1975 ).Google Scholar