The Effect of Vehicle Maintenance on Fuel Economy
In discussions about fuel economy much emphasis is usually placed on the influence of driving habits, and there is little doubt that attention to such factors can lead to economies. However, the mechanical hardware that constitutes a modern car is and always has been subject to degradation with usage, and so attention needs to be focussed on the fairly substantial savings that can be made by attention to vehicle maintenance.
KeywordsFuel Consumption Fuel Economy Ignition Timing Chassis Dynamometer Vehicle Maintenance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Champion Sparking Plug Company. Motor Mail International Barrett Card Associates Ltd, London (1974–5), p. 11Google Scholar
- 2.Champion Sparking Plug Company. Tuned You Win — Untuned You Lose, Service Corner (September—October 1973 )Google Scholar
- 3.W. I. Doty and L. J. Olejnik. A mobile instrumented vehicle for measuring road performance and exhaust emission. Soc. Automot. Eng. Pap., No. 720212 (1972)Google Scholar
- Also Am. Soc. Test. Mater. Comm. F9 on Tires, Symp. on Tires and Fuel Econ., May 1974Google Scholar
- 5.Motor (12 July 1975) 61Google Scholar
- 6.C. E. Scheffler and G. W. Niepoth. Soc. Automot. Eng. Pap., No. 650861 (1965)Google Scholar