This book is not intended as a full biography of Sir Dennis Holme Robertson.1 It is an examination of the most important aspect of his work as an economist — his theory of industrial fluctuation; but before this examination is undertaken it is necessary to survey the background against which Robertson put forward his views on economics. This task can only be accomplished by providing a brief biography.
KeywordsTrade Cycle Real Theory Royal Commission International Monetary System Economic Policy Maker
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.JMK, Tract on Monetary Reform, (London: Macmillan, 1923).Google Scholar
- 9.JMK, Treatise on Money, (London: Macmillan, 1930).Google Scholar
- 15.DHR, LEP, 3 volumes 1957–9, (London: Staples Press Ltd., Paperback edition, London, 1963) (The Fontana Library).Google Scholar
- 20.P. Samuelson, ‘Sir D. H. Robertson’, QJE, No. 4 (November 1963) pp. 528–36.Google Scholar
- 22.W. Fellner, ‘The Robertsonian Evolution’, American Economic Review, Vol. XLII, No. 3 (June 1952) p. 266.Google Scholar