Reply to Comments
I am grateful to Professor Scitovsky for a careful reading of my paper and for the thoughtful comments he has chosen to make. I trust that these comments will stimulate further work on the subject. Some of these comments, however, call for discussion.
KeywordsExchange Rate Trade Barrier Flexible Exchange Rate Commercial Policy Export Subsidy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balassa, B. et al., The Structure of Protection in Developing Countries (Baltimore, Md., The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1971).Google Scholar
- Balassa, B. et al., European Economic Integration (Amsterdam: North Holland, 1975).Google Scholar
- Balassa, B. and Sharpston, M., ‘Export Subsidies by Developing Countries: Issues of Policy’, Journal of World Trade Law (forthcoming), 1977.Google Scholar
- Little, I., Scitovsky, T. and Scott, M., Industry and Trade in Some Developing Countries (London, Oxford University Press, 1970).Google Scholar
- Scitovsky, T., The Joyless Economy (Oxford, Oxford University Press, 1976).Google Scholar
- Sombart, W., Die Deutsche Volkswirtschaft im neunzehnten Jahrhundert (Berlin, Bond, Verlag, 1913).Google Scholar