Many volumes have been written about the economic and monetary union in the Common Market — so many that they may have tended to cloud the real issues. It is therefore perhaps useful to briefly recapitulate certain major facts at this point.
KeywordsMember State Central Bank Commercial Bank Monetary Union Structural Reform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See P. Coffey and J. R. Presley, European Monetary Integration, Part Two (Macmillan, 1971).Google Scholar
- 2.See Peter Coffey, ‘European Monetary Integration Revisited’, Revista de direito e economia, Coimbra, Portugal (June 1975).Google Scholar
- 3.Van Den Tempel Report (E.E.C. Commission, 1969).Google Scholar
- 4.Reprinted in G. Magnifico, European Monetary Unification (Macmillan, 1973).Google Scholar
- 5.European Economic Integration and Monetary Unification (E.E.C. Commission, 1973).Google Scholar
- 7.The Economist 1 Nov. 1975.Google Scholar