Regional Devolution and Education
My task is to examine what gains and losses might result from a reorganisation of education in England on the lines set out in the Kilbrandon Report; but one or two preliminary generalisations may be worth making.
KeywordsHigh Education Local Authority Regional Government High Education Sector Royal Commission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Notes and References
- 1.Royal Commission on the Constitution, Devolution and Other Aspects of Government: An Attitudes Survey Research Paper 7 (HMSO, 1973).Google Scholar
- 2.Expenditure Committee, Session 1972–3, Further and Higher Education, vol. II (HMSO, 1973 ) p. 10.Google Scholar
- 3.J. A. G. Griffith, Central Departments and Local Authorities (George Allen and Unwin, 1966 ).Google Scholar
- 13.Royal Commission on the Constitution, Written Evidence 9: United Kingdom (HMSO, 1972), p. 21.Google Scholar
- 18.Department of Education and Science, Education: A Framework for Expansion Cmnd. 5174 (HMSO, 1972) para. 87.Google Scholar
- 19.Department of Education and Science, Teacher Education and Training: Report of Committee of Inquiry (HMSO, 1972).Google Scholar