Few people can name a single use for zinc. Yet total world zinc consumption, including the Eastern bloc, is estimated at 6 million tonnes per year which at current values is worth $2,160 million Only copper and aluminium among the non-ferrous metals are consumed in larger quantities.
KeywordsProducer Price Price Basis Commodity Trade Zinc Metal Forward Contract
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lead and Zinc: Factors Affecting Consumption(International Lead and Zinc Study Group, November 1966).Google Scholar
- Andrews, P. W., The American Zinc Industry Under the Import Quota Program (Ottawa: Mineral Resources Branch, Department of Energy, Mines and Resources, Mineral Information Bulletin MR 107, 1970).Google Scholar
- Inquiry into The Strategic and Critical Material Stockpiles of the United States (Draft Report of the National Stockpile and Naval Petroleum Reserves Subcommittee of the Committee on Armed Services United States Senate 88th Congress First Session).Google Scholar
- Rowe, J. W. F., Price Mechanism for Lead and Zinc(International Lead and Zinc Study Group, 1964).Google Scholar
- The U.S. Zinc Industry: A Historical Perspective(Washington: United States Department of the Interior,Bureau of Mines Information Circular 8629,1974).Google Scholar