Borrowers in approximately thirty-eight countries have made use of the eurobond market since 1968 (see table 3). However many of these have made only one or a few issues. The borrowing countries that are discussed below are those that have made extensive use of the market or whose borrowings have features of special interest.
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment Foreign Currency United States Dollar Capital Outflow Foreign Borrowing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See V. Salera, Multinational Business (Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1969) chapter 18 (‘Voluntary Balance of Payments Controls’).Google Scholar
- 7.OECD, Capital Markets Study, iii (Paris, 1967).Google Scholar
- 8.Dr H. J. Mast, Euromoney (Sept 1970) and (Mar 1973).Google Scholar
- 9.Union Bank of Switzerland, An International Survey of Interest Rates (Zurich, 1970).Google Scholar
- 10.Commonwealth Bureau of Census and Statistics, Overseas Borrowing by Companies in Australia, Sep quarter 1971.Google Scholar